To support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that is equitable, healthy, sustainable, and thriving.
Our local food system includes: growing, harvesting, processing, packaging, transporting, selling, eating, recycling and composting, considering how each affects the community, the environment, and the economy.
Four core values unite and guide us in our work. The coalition will collaborate to support existing initiatives and grow new ones that align with the following values:
- Equal access to quality, affordable, and culturally appropriate food for all residents of Maricopa County
- All parts of the food system have value
- Supports the physical, mental health, and well-being of all residents of Maricopa County
- Supports the current population without compromising future generations
- Responsible stewardship of our natural resources, particularly of our unique desert ecology
- Resilient in the context of the community, the environment, and the economy
- Empowers the community
- Drives a vibrant economy
- Embraces our cultural diversity
- Inspires innovation